With recent discussions of global climate change, the environment is literally a hot topic these days. While we don’t claim to have all of the answers, we do think that conservation and environmentally conscious practice is good business in any climate. The less energy we waste, the less we need to produce, and the more we we have for future use. Sound View Window & Door uses building practices, keeping this in mind, that result in energy-efficient, healthier and environmentally sustainable buildings by promoting credible and practical green building approaches for residential and commercial construction.
In addition, Sound View is proud to offer to our customers, products that earn the ENERGY STAR label. All of our products have been accepted for installation in all four climate zones in the US. Products that earn the ENERGY STAR label use less energy & prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines. With energy costs and global warming top-of-mind for consumers, Sound View Window & Door is committed to offering solutions that help consumers conserve energy and improve the quality of the environment.
A greener, more sustainable planet is within our reach. Helping to achieve this is not only the responsible way to do business, it is the right choice for people who care. And, at Sound View Window & Door, choice is what we are all about.
What Is Fibrex® Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex® material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
*See individual product warranties for more information.